How to Care for Your Wedding Veil
Hanging a Long Drop Veil
For long drop veils that need to be folded instead of hanging on a clip, please follow the instructions below. Even if your drop veil has a comb, if it's very long (more than 90" or so) this is the best storage method.
1. As best as possible, lay the veil out flat on the floor and smooth out any wrinkles.
2. Fold in half width-wise, smoothing out any wrinkles.
3. Keep folding (with as few wrinkles as possible) until it is about 12 - 15" wide.
4. Now, start at the top and carefully slide a hanger under the veil.
5. When the hanger is about half way, pull up and you'll have a nicely folded drop veil.
6. Place inside the protective storage bag.
Hanging a Gathered Veil
For regular wedding veils that have gathering at the comb, clip the veil at the center of the comb with the teeth pointing up (as show here).
Drop Veils and Mantilla's with No Gathering
For drop veils and mantilla cut wedding veils that have no gathering at the comb, you'll want to clip the onto the top of the comb, with the teeth pointing down. This lets the material hang in the same direction that it will hang when worn.
Bridal Veil Storage Bag
For all wedding veils we highly recommend storing them inside one of our breathable protective garment bags.
Inside of a regular plastic garment bag, materials can yellow over time because of the lack of air. However, these garment bags are made of a light weight breathable material that lets air in and out to hlep prevent yellowing.
For wedding veils that are hanging from one of our veil clips - you simply hang the clip on a hanger and place inside the garment bag!
It's perfect for storing your veil before and after the wedding. You may even wish to purchase an extra 72" length for your gown!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to e-mail!
We feel much honored to have taken part in such an important day. We wish you the best, Congratulations!